Friday, November 23, 2012

missing native delicacy


Sweet native kakanin…that’s the most preferred merienda of Quezonian’s


And since I am a local of Atimonan who settle here in Mindanao for six years and a half my sense desires for something sweet and native…


Back when I was a child I remember eating

.karioka (made up of rice or grated cassava, coconut milk, deep fried and coated with brown sugar)

….sinanday (fried chopped banana or camote dip in yellow colored flour with little amount of sugar)

 ….saludsod (ground sticky rice with coconut extract cooked with little amount of oil)


Then ...  I become a person with a sweet tooth.

After so many years of not eating those palatable dishes… this yearns me to look for a substitute.

To my surprise during travel after execution of my daily job…this newly built building caught my attention.  MERS is the name!!!



Curiosity strikes me … I enter the vicinity… there I found variety of food…



 an extra ordinary food cooked and packed to arouse the delight of the eating public. 





To try the taste I approached the counter and bought some.


…riding on the company service vehicle taking direction to Davao City enjoyment fills me… aside from the green scenery of nature and the ocean’s brilliant blue color we experienced the delectable taste of MORON and a cracker made of flour.  






Sharing the sensation with my co employees they text me to bring “pasalubong”…


uninformed with my actions… surprised was on their face when I plate my present… 





much when they take a spoonful of “suman”. 





It triggers them to ask….

Sir san mo po eto binili???




MERS is located at Cogon Hi way, Digos City Davao Del Sur.






No comments:

Post a Comment